Gentlelase Hair Removal
Traditional hair removal techniques, such as shaving , tweezing, waxing and depilatory creams provide temporary relief. Until Now, the only recognized way to remove hair permanently has been by electrolysis – which can be tedious, time consuming and uncomfortable. The GentleLASE System safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually completed in under ten minutes; legs, backs, and larger areas can take longer.
What to expect during your treatment: Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient . Generally , the treatment will include:
- Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A small handpiece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later, depending one the skins reactions.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.
The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on the individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner in advance of the laser treatment.
What precautions should be taken before and after a treatment:
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allow it.
- If you have a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment to optimize results.
You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve with your practitioner. Together you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
How many treatments will I need: Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color, hair color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 3-5 treatments as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing phase.