Philip S. Ellerin, MD, FAAD
The Dermatology office of Philip S. Ellerin, MD, FAAD incorporates the Ellerin Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology Center, the Dermacare Center and the Phototherapy Center, all located at 172 Cambridge Street (Rt. 3A) Burlington, Massachusetts, 01803.
Dr. Ellerin, a diplomate of the American Academy of Dermatology and board certified since 1972, is an assistant clinical professor at Tufts and Boston University Medical School 1981-2008 and taught at the Boston Medical Center as a clinical instructor.
Dr. Ellerin graduated from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1965 and completed his residency at the Boston City Hospital and New England Medical Center.
In 1968 during the Vietnam War, Dr. Ellerin was honored with the Bronze Star Medal for his sentinel study of fungal disease leading to preventive treatment in combat troops. His publications regarding Prevention of Skin Disease During Riverine Warfare in the Mekong Delta resulted in the development of specialized footwear decreasing the incidence of foot fungus in soldiers. Following his promotion to major, he became Chief of Dermatology at Ft. Carson, Colorado.
After completing his residency in 1971, Dr. Ellerin opened his private practice in Dermatology.
Group Practice/Hospital Affiliations:
- Winchester Hospital
- Boston Medical Center
- Tufts Medical Center
AAD Membership Status:
Medical School and Year of Graduation:
- Tufts University School of Medicine — 1965
- Resident in Dermatology Boston City Hosp / New England Medical Center – 1966 to 1967 and 1969 to 1971
- Asst. Clinical Prof. Tufts and Boston Univ. Schools of Medicine 1981-2003
- Intense Pulsed Light/Lasers (Hair Removal & EpiFacial)
Health Care Participation:
- HMO’s, PPO’s
Key Professional Achievements and Awards:
- Past President and Board of Directors Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- Dermatologist for Boston Celtics
- Top Doctor (Castle-Connolly)
- Nominating & Membership Committees Noah Worcester Derm. Society
- American Cancer Society Physician Recognition Award
- Bronze Star U.S. Army Vietnam